Retail warranty and returns policy
Your Privacy is Important to us
PartSource abides by the Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited Privacy Charter.
Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited and its family of companies including Canadian Tire Financial Services Limited, Canadian Tire Bank, Canadian Tire Real Estate Limited, Mark's Work Wearhouse Limited, The Forzani Group Ltd., Canadian Tire Petroleum and PartSource are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information obtained by reason of your doing business with us.
Our Privacy Charter explains the types of customer personal information we collect, how it is used and the steps we take to ensure your personal information is handled appropriately.
Certain PartSource stores are owned and operated by independent dealers or franchisees. These dealers and franchisees are responsible for adopting their own privacy policies to protect your personal information in a manner consistent with this Privacy Charter.
Each member of the Canadian Tire family of companies collects information necessary to do business with you. For more specific details on what information each company may collect and how we use it, we refer you to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.
The Privacy Charter is our commitment to you. It is our organization wide policy on how all companies in the Canadian Tire family protect your personal information.
Our privacy statement provides a quick reference to the key privacy points of the Privacy Charter. It also provides you information on your choices and important contact information.
Privacy Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Our FAQs provide answers to important questions you may have regarding your information and your privacy. The FAQs provide additional detail on what information is collected by each company. The information may vary according to company. If there are further questions you would like answered, feel free to contact us anytime.
10% Low Price Guarantee
Core to the values of Team Canadian Tire, which includes PartSource, is operating with honesty, integrity, and respect through a commitment to ethical business practices.
To ensure a clear understanding and consistent level of commitment to these values, Canadian Tire has established a Business Conduct Compliance Program to oversee compliance with our Code of Business Conduct. If you have any complaints or concerns regarding potential breaches of the Code, please advise the Business Conduct Compliance Office by contacting one of the reporting options listed below. The Business Conduct Hotline and Web Reporting are operated by a third party and offer anonymous reporting as an option.
Canadian Tire Business Conduct Hotline
From Canada call toll-free: 1-800-620-6943
Canadian Tire Business Conduct Web Reporting
Canadian Tire Business Conduct Compliance Office
2180 Yonge Street
Business Conduct Compliance Office (BCCO)
Click here to read Canadian Tire's Code of Business Conduct
Supplier Code of Business Conduct
Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited has implemented a Supplier Code of Business conduct. The Code sets standards for a wide-range of important matters including compliance with laws, wage and benefits, working conditions, the use of child or forced labour, sub-suppliers and human rights.
Suppliers are required to abide by the Supplier Code of Business Conduct, which carries with it an assessment, monitoring and enforcement regimen. If a breach of the Supplier Code is suspected, it can be reported through the Canadian Tire Business Conduct Hotline, or directly to the BCCO, via the methods supplied above.
Click here to read Canadian Tire's Supplier Code of Business Conduct
Retail warranty and returns policy
New Product Returns: Save Your Receipt
Your purchase can be returned for a hassle-free exchange or refund provided that the merchandise is in its original saleable condition and packaging
and it is returned with its original receipt. Returns without the original receipt will be made at PartSource’s discretion and at the lowest sale price
during the last 90 days.
Specific details and exceptions are as follows:
Regular Stock Product Returns
Regular stock products can be returned within 90 days of purchase to any PartSource location.
There is no restocking charge when returning regularly stocked merchandise.
Special Order Product Returns
Special order products can only be returned to the store of origin within the time limit originally specified. Some special order products may
have a restocking charge or may be non-returnable. In these cases we will inform you prior to ordering and we will note any special rules or
restocking fees directly on your receipt.
Electrical parts and electrical tools are returnable only if they have not been installed, not been used and if they are in new original saleable
condition and packaging. Clearance items are non-returnable.
Warranty Product Returns
Your purchase can be returned for a hassle-free replacement/repair provided that it is returned within the warranty terms and warranty period.
The original receipt is required. Warranty returns without the original receipt will be made at PartSource’s discretion. Products with a replacement
warranty will be exchanged free of charge. Products with a repair only warranty will be repaired in accordance with the manufacturer’s terms and conditions.
Warranty claims are limited to replacement/repair of the product only. We do not cover additional costs such as labour or towing. Batteries having a
pro-rated extended warranty will have a pro-rated charge applied when exchanged after the free replacement period.
Cores can be returned in accordance with the above Regular Stock / Special Order guidelines providing the core is complete, free of damage, in its original package and returned with the original receipt. Please return cores as soon as possible as core values do change.
Your name, residence address and phone number will be required when processing an exchange or refund. Refunds or exchanges will not be processed without
this information. This information is collected, used and retained to help prevent fraud, and may only be disclosed within PartSource, its affiliated
companies, or as required by law. Valid photo ID may be required to confirm this information.
Refunds will be made in the same tender as the original purchase. In cases where the original tender cannot be determined, the refund method will
be at PartSource’s discretion.
10% Low Price Guarantee
- The price match guarantee should be applied if the customer identifies an item at a lower price from a local competitor.
- The 10% is taken off the competitor’s lower price for retail customers only. The price is only matched for commercial customers
- All local competitors apply with the exception, bankruptcies and clearance sales and wholesalers. Price claims from Costco will be honoured for retail customers only but not for commercial claims.
- Partsource will honour competitors (including Canadian Tire) regular and promotional prices with the exception of clearance sales.
- The items must be of comparable quality, warranty, and package quantity. The decision as to whether or not an item is comparable is at the discretion of the franchisee.
- Quantities can be limited at the discretion of the franchisee.
- If the customer finds a lower price from a local competitor within 30 days of purchasing the item from PartSource we will honour the price match policy.
- Local Canadian competitors must be within a 20km radius of the store. We will not price match cross boarder retailers or retailers that are beyond the 20Km zone.
- Internet orders will not be honoured.
- If a competitor is out of stock on a lower priced item, the store should honour the claim since this will highlight both our in-stock position as well as our commitment to offer competitive prices.
- All PartSource merchandise that is in-stock or can be ordered with a product number will be eligible for price match and price match guarantee. Third party sourced products with a 9 digit number or not on file products are not eligible.
- Proof of a competitor's price is at the discretion of the franchisee.
The Price Match Guarantee should NOT be applied in the following situations:
- Competitors bankruptcy sales
- Wholesale prices (note that we will honour retail price claims from Costco but not commercial claims)
- Competitor clearance sales
- Mail in rebates (note that we will honour instant rebates)
- Discounts received for volume purchases
- Price matches with other PartSource stores – match the price but don’t provide the additional 10%.
- Internet orders
- Retailers located outside of Canadian Borders
- Retailers located outside of a 20Km zone around the store
Thank you for Shopping at PartSource